The Center for Career and Professional Development provides guidance to students as they plan for and seek career opportunities, as well employment as students.
Center for Career and Professional Development
Professional development presentations are offered during the fall and spring semesters. Students can also view these presentations online in mySVC in Blackboard Learn.
- Job Search Skills
- Cover Letters, Resumes and References
- Interview Skills
- How to Resolve Conflict in the Workplace
Resources are available for researching current trends in local and national employment sectors.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Job descriptions for approximately 250 of America’s most common occupations
- Connecticut Department of Labor: Information about agency services and labor trends
- America’s Career InfoNet: Learn which occupations are growing or declining on a state-wide or national basis; examine wages and trends for each job listed
Licensing Exam Preparation
Study tools are available to assist you in preparing for your licensing exams, both in the Career Development Center and online. (Note: Some online resources are free; others may charge a fee to access.)
Many local employers seek to hire St. Vincent’s College at Sacred Heart University graduates. Search online job postings through Handshake, the SHU online job bank and job search management website exclusively for Sacred Heart University students and alumni.