Sacred Heart University recognizes that St. Vincent’s College students have unique career goals and supports them in achieving those goals. The university’s Center for Career and Professional Development offers students expert guidance and helpful resources as they prepare for full-time employment or further education after earning an associate’s degree or certificate.
Offerings of the Career Center include:
- A healthcare career placement advisor located at SVC’s campus
- Workshops and one-on-one guidance to improve resume and interview skills
- Job search skills training
- Access to 300,000 employers in HandShake
- Networking events
- A variety of career tools and resources
- Preparation for licensing exams
- Planning for continuing education
To schedule an individual appointment, contact Cicely Poggi-Gedacht, Associate Director of Career Placement: 475-210-6465.
Many local employers seek to hire Sacred Heart University graduates. Search online job postings through Handshake, the SHU online job bank and job search management website exclusively for Sacred Heart University students and alumni.
SHU also offers students access to Liquid Compass, a robust healthcare job database.