The Student Success Ambassador position is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to support their fellow students! The Ambassador will play an important role in building academic support services and motivating students to utilize the academic resources that are available. The ambassador will be a representative of the Student Success Center and have a voice in brainstorming how the Center can best serve the SVC at SHU student body. The position also supports administrative duties.
Department: Student Success Center
Reports to: Nick Boretsky, Student Success Coordinator
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee Marketing materials for the Center (Bulletin Boards, Handouts, etc.)
- Act as a liaison between the Student Success Center and student body
- Brainstorm how to effectively grow the center and encourage student use
- Perform administrative responsibilities
- Other relevant duties as assigned/discovered
This role will involve interaction with other students, staff and faculty. The employee must:
- Be prepared and on time for scheduled hours
- Act in a professional manner
- Support and care about student success
- House a compassionate and kind environment for students
- Be creative and offer insightful ideas
- Be attentive to detail, and complete tasks diligently
- Communicate effectively
Expected Hours: Hours per week will be determined based on work-study award, office needs, and student’s schedule. Schedule will be set at start of employment.
How to Apply: Please email Raquel Almestica at email@example.com. Potential candidates will be interviewed prior to hiring.