Work-study students play an integral role in the operation of the Student Life. Office assistant duties include filing, answering phones, greeting students/parents/visitors, copying and other office work assigned. Must have good customer service skills and be professional and courteous at all times. This position is perfect for a student with prior administrative office experience. While working in this office, you will be privy to confidential information. It is an expectation that this information is kept confidential.
Department: Student Life
Reports to: Virginia Doxsey, Coordinator of Part-Time Student Services
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Answer the phones when staff is in a meeting, assisting someone, or out of the office
- Returning phone calls
- Handle in-person questions with students, families, staff/faculty, etc.
- General office duties as assigned, including filing and copying
- Issuing reprints of SVC at SHU IDs for all students, faculty, and staff
- Conducting rounds of facilities looking for possible issues
- Assist in all aspects of programming including planning, advertising, event set up and breakdown
- Other duties as assigned
Students who work in the Student Life’s Office must possess the following qualities:
- Outgoing and personable: able to greet students, families, staff/faculty, etc.
- Ability to answer phones in a professional and courteous manner.
- Responsible and professional.
- Ability to handle confidential situations and information. Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Willingness to learn.
- Report to work on time, work scheduled hours, and be prepared to work.
- Appropriate dress is required as this is a professional office i.e. no sweatpants, slippers, etc.
Expected Hours: The Student Life Office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9am-5pm; Wednesday, 10am-6pm. Office hours will be assigned based on the number of hours a student is awarded and each hired work-study students’ class schedule.
How to Apply: Please email Raquel Almestica at email@example.com. Potential candidates will be interviewed prior to hiring.