Students in this position are responsible for providing exceptional and professional customer service to prospective SVC at SHU students and families. Phone work is mandatory, and one must feel comfortable speaking on the phone. This is an excellent opportunity for students hoping to expand and improve their customer service and interpersonal skills.
Department: Admissions Office
Reports to: Michael Fraser, Assistant Director of Admissions
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments for campus visits (tours, information sessions, interviews)
- Promote the college’s mission by giving tours and other in-person interactions
- Assist admissions with information sessions and open houses
- Returning calls
- Data entry
- Excellent customer service/phone skills
- Office experience is preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with others
- Have fun!
Expected Hours: The Office of Admissions is open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Office hours will be assigned based on the number of hours a student is awarded and each hired work-study student’s class schedule
How to Apply: Please email Raquel Almestica at email@example.com. Potential candidates will be interviewed prior to hiring.