As you may know, St. Vincent’s College and Sacred Heart University made a transfer of the St. Vincent’s College programs to Sacred Heart University on July 1, 2018. As such, your financial aid will be seamlessly transferred from St. Vincent’s College to St. Vincent’s College at Sacred Heart University. You do not need to reapply or complete any other forms. By applying for financial aid using the two school codes listed below, and completing the Confidential Information Form, you are also giving permission to St. Vincent’s College to transfer all your financial information to Sacred Heart University.
Incoming students who are applying for admission to St. Vincent’s College are encouraged to complete the financial aid application process as soon as possible.
Returning students may complete the financial aid application process beginning October 1st of the prior academic year.
Complete the FAFSA
- Create or update your FSA ID to begin the financial aid application process.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for this upcoming academic year. The earlier you submit your FAFSA, the better.
- Use the SHU school code*. For the 2018-2019 academic year, use the Sacred Heart University school code when completing your FAFSA:
- SHU Federal Code – 001403
- Report your 2016 IRS tax data and 2016 W2 earnings on your 2018-2019 FAFSA. We recommend you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT), which electronically transfers your federal tax return information into your FAFSA.
Complete the Confidential Information Form
- Complete the SVC at SHU Confidential Information Form, and submit it to the Office of Student Financial Assistance once you have completed the FAFSA.
Review Your Award
Once the FAFSA is received by St. Vincent’s College at Sacred Heart University, the Student Financial Assistance team will review the data and provide you with an estimated financial aid award offer that includes your eligibility for federal, state and college sources of financial assistance.
Students may accept all or part of the award offer by signing and returning the award letter.
Check your student email for these important communications.
If your FAFSA results were selected for a review process called “verification”, you will be requested to submit tax information and other documentation prior to receiving an estimated financial aid award offer. Please respond promptly to all requests for required documents.