We at St. Vincent’s College deeply appreciate your service to our nation. We know that you have accomplished the mission of saving and protecting our people by securing freedom around the world; therefore, we want to help you achieve the mission of earning your degree and taking your career to the next level.
Why are St. Vincent’s College & Sacred Heart University right for you?
- St. Vincent’s College has been designated a 2016 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, the leader in successfully connecting the military and civilian worlds, and publisher of G.I. Jobs®, STEM JobsSM and Military Spouse. Now in its seventh year, the original, premier Military Friendly® Schools designation provides service members and their families with transparent, data-driven ratings about post-military education and career opportunities.
- We have been serving the community since 1905
- Classes begin throughout the year
- Financial Aid Services are available to those who qualify
- Assistance with VA Benefits and Tuition Assistance (TA)
- Military Training evaluated for college credit
- Credit For College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DANTES
Veteran’s Educational Assistance Program
Applications are available at St. Vincent’s Registrar, all Veterans Affairs offices and active-duty stations. For more information and applications, please consult with the Vinny Cataudella, the College’s veterans affairs liaison and Registrar, at 203-576-5616 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-9/11 GI Bill
If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service after Sept. 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged Veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days, you may be eligible for this VA-administered program. Whether you want to apply your GI Bill benefits to college classes or an on-the-job training program, the GI Bill Comparison Tool will help you make the most of them. You can also review the program pamphlet.
The Post-9/11 GI Bill has a few specific components that are unavailable in other GI Bill programs; the Post-9/11 GI Bill will pay you:
- the lower of the actual tuition & fees or the national maximum per academic year for a private school. Your actual tuition & fees costs may exceed these amounts.
Apply for Benefits
Apply for Veterans Benefits – http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
Active Duty Personnel
For active duty personnel, please click on the link below to find your respective branches’ educational portal for more information on Tuition Assistance (TA).