St. Vincent’s College at Sacred Heart University is a community-based college, faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church, which provides traditional education modalities as well as online distance education in nursing, allied health, and the liberal arts and sciences.
- Provides access to clinical experiences through affiliation with a major medical teaching center.
- Exhibits special concern for the underserved and those with a variety of life experiences and varying religious backgrounds.
- Provides a curriculum in which caring and compassion are integral to the development of technical and educational competencies, and encourages social awareness among faculty and students.
- Provides an education, which is responsive to the current and future needs of the local healthcare environment and the greater community.
- Serves as the foundation for lifelong learning, professional development and spiritual and personal enrichment.
St. Vincent’s College at Sacred Heart University derives its mission from the historic commitment of the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul to care for the sick poor and to educate others for the healthcare ministry. The mission is based on Judeo-Christian tradition and is guided by the Core Values of Ascension Health: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication.
St. Vincent’s College at Sacred Heart University will be a comprehensive Health Sciences and Health Services College in the Catholic tradition, offering healthcare programs in nursing and allied health at the certificate through graduate levels in a diverse learning environment. The utilization of an interdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning will be facilitated through increasingly advanced technology. Our focus on the holistic development of students culminates in a knowledge of self, a root in one’s faith, an educated mind, a healthy body, a compassionate heart, and knowledge of what it means to be a community and world citizen.
We share a common vision and are called to act upon the following ideas and beliefs:
- Service of the Poor — Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence — Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity — Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom — Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity — Courageous innovation
- Dedication — Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry